Every business owner has a solicitor to support their legal affairs and an accountant to handle their tax and finance, but only some engage a broker to manage their insurance. Just as the solicitor and accountant are trusted business partners, an insurance broker should be too, ensuring adequate protection and minimising risk in your business. However, we often don’t look to sort our legal affairs online, nor do we sort our finances there. So why is it any different when sourcing an insurance policy for your business (or yourself!)?
Sure – anyone with a phone or computer can access a multitude of policies at ‘competitive’ prices. There’s a meerkat there to help too – what more could you need? Well … cue insurance brokers.
When things go wrong, your policy must be able to cover you. Going direct with an insurer may appear cheaper, but if the cover is inadequate and does not meet the requirements of your business, it is going to be far more costly in the long term when a claim arises. Many business owners are not aware of what insurance cover they need. Insurance brokers offer objective advice tailored to your business. We might not always say the things you want to hear, but we will say the things you need to hear. We work for you, our client, not an insurance company.
Here’s what you can expect from us at Austral Anglo.
- 30-minute free consultation – we’ll have a chat and get to know your business to see if we can help you. If we can’t, we’re not afraid to say so.
- In-depth meeting – If we agree we are a great fit, from our first consultation, we’ll meet with you again to have a more in-depth discussion about your requirements. During this meeting, we look at your current cover and identify any gaps or areas that need to be addressed. Our advice is, frank and objective. This is also our opportunity to share what we do and why we do it.
- Information gathering – Now that we’re comfortable with what you need, we’ll look at the insurance markets available to us and find the appropriate policy for you. We look at cover before price to make sure you are adequately protected in the event of a claim.We also work with several trusted business partners to improve practices and lower the risk to your business. We’ll then present to you our findings – that is, our advice and the recommended policy to ensure you and/or your business are protected.
- Implementation and management – Unlike an ‘off-the-shelf’ policy from the internet or elsewhere, we’re with you every step of the way. Once the policy is implemented, we’ll keep you updated with any changes and advise you when the renewal date is approaching.
- Should you need to make a claim – We’ll be with you every step of the way, not only to guide you through the process but also to fight on your behalf should the need arise. We are experienced in what we do and are dedicated to achieving you the outcome you deserve. Managing your business is your top priority and protecting it needs be a priority also.
So when you’re shopping for your next policy, keep the end game in mind. Is the policy you sourced going to lower your risk, protect you if you need to make a claim and help you through the process? At the end of the day, what good is a policy if it doesn’t fully cover you? If you want to talk to an Insurance Broker, give us a call on 03) 9238 0900